Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer Time


Its definitely not summer here but this photo is about one of Julia's favorite things to do during summer. Finished this page a few days ago...inspired by the challenge word at Bird is the Word blog. The word is MEMORY. Used my favorite Ali Edwards stamp for this.



There are so many things in this layout that makes me happy. First of all, I've been wanting to use my 5 and Dime pps by October Afternoon. Well, OA is another one of my faves and I love how the papers from old and new lines can go together. I was also able to use doilies (hand cut from OA Schoolhouse pps) and the banner is from the Seaside line. Secondly, I was able to finish this layout quite fast, less than 2 hours I think and that's fast for a slow scrapper like me. And of course, its another moment in my daughter Julia's life that I was able to scrap about....she loves to go biking and was able to learn fast (so unlike me, in this aspect)!

8 comments:

Vicky Varvadouka said...

I truly love your layout! I love your design! The fun bright colors and the sweet photos make it pop out of the gallery! Great job!Thanks for playing along at BITW!

Unknown said...

i love how you have captured a childhood memory....thanks for laying at BITW

Wendy said...

Oh, this is so cute! I have these papers too and just used them for a layout. Thanks for sharing your page with us at Bird is the Word.

Rachael Funnell said...

A Awesome Memory to capture.....
Love that Memory Stamp!!!!
Your layout is Simply Adorable!!!!
THANKS heaps for playing along @ BITW...... xx

Cathy said...

How adorable.. love your bright and fun LO!! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at BITW :))

Chloe said...

Love this page - so fun - these pp's are perfect :-) thanks for joining in at BITW :-

Unknown said...

Lovely LO, great colors and cute photos. Thanks for playing along at BITW :)

Ella Swan said...

Oooh Chiqui this is a gorgeous layout - love it! Thanks for playing at BITW :)