Sunday, April 20, 2008

Think pink!

No matter how hard I try, it's quite difficult for me to avoid pink. Simply because I like pink. LOL! I use pink combined with another color on most of my layouts, most especially when the subject are my 2 girls.

I made this layout for the ScrapMuse march contest using black & white & another color as accent. I used here KI memories pop culture pp's, prima flowers & MME journaling card.


journaling: my 2 girls...make me happy...make me smile...make me proud...you will always be my pride & joy.

When I started scrapping last year, my eldest daughter was almost 5 already. That's why I only have very few layouts of her when she was still an infant. She has so many baby pictures but these were taken before we had a digicam, so it's also hard to go thru the negatives. Might as well just use the ones printed out already. And, after just staring at my BG 2 scoops paper, I decided to use it. I also played around with lace & formed it into flowers.
Here's the layout:

Journaling: The day you were born will always be one of the happiest days of my life. I can still remember vividly how you looked the very first time I laid my eyes on you. Our lives have changed ever since your birth. You have brought so much joy into our lives & I want to thank you for letting me experience what it feels like to be a MOTHER. (Julia at 5 months)

Here's a closer look at the lace flowers:


Thanks for looking!

No comments: