Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Scrapfest 5 & more

I attended Scrapfest 5 last Saturday! One of the events I look forward to since I started scrapping. This is my 2nd time to attend & I was really glad to see scrappin' friends I've met before & meet new ones too!

I joined the "do it your Selphy" challenge with the following requirements: use at least 1 Selphy-printed picture, use the all the papers in the kit, & use a corrugated board. I am not a fast scrapper so "on-the-spot" challenges are quite hard for me. This is my layout:

Journaling reads: It was a typical day, you were going around the house, & opening drawers, you got to the drawer where the camera was kept, got it & handed it over to daddy & said, "picture please!" These are the poses you made for daddy that day! (Ally at 1 yr & 10 mos)

These are the stuff I got from Scrapfest. Lots of papers: BG sultry; Kaisercraft; Fancy Pants About a Boy & Celebrate; Teresa Collins; Creative Imaginations Narratives; Heidi Swapp; & Prima Dude. I also got the Fancy Pants black frames transparency, & some glitter cuts. Can't wait to use them!





I also got a couple of thickers, an album, some stickers, blings, & the Prima build a frame stamp! The Prima Bitty Bag is a freebie for early registrants.








I can't wait to experiment with this one! Hope I can explore the potentials of this product!













I also made a layout for the Magnolia challenge. I used a picture of Julia eating ice cream by the beach. I had this pic printed out already so when I found out about the challenge, I scrapped it right away. I just placed a small logo of Magnolia at the bottom.
Journaling reads: Ice cream on the beach... nothing beats this treat on a hot summer day!!!

Thanks to Scrappin Moms' for organizing the event. Thanks for all the demos, will definetely use the stamping techniques I learned on my next layouts!

Lastly, this is the smile that my daughter Ally gave me when I focused the camera on her. She was watching me take pics of my layouts & wanted a picture too!
Have a nice day!

No comments: