Thursday, November 6, 2008

Stuck?! Sketches

I recently joined a 4-week challenge at Stuck?! Sketches. The winner gets a 6-month DT stint. I didn't win but I was able to create these 4 layouts...

1) Sketch # 59





Journaling: It was quite difficult to take pictures of you when you were younger. BUT now at 2 years old, this is the smile you give when we point the camera at you. (Aug 2008)

Materials Used: patterned papers: Making Memories Noteworthy Delaney & Funky Vintage; MM Noteworthy Delaney metal signage; flowers: Prima; Brads: All About Scrapbooking; MM noteworthy journal notebook; American Crafts Thickers (Lax); American Crafts Slick Writer



2) Sketch # 60





Journaling: A chance to play at Fun Ranch surely brightens up your day. To get loose in one big playground is definitely your kind of treat! (July 27, 2008)

Materials Used: Bazzill CS, KI lace cardstock (disco ball red hot); Cosmo Cricket Get Happy pps; Cosmo Cricket Hey Sunshine stickers; Making Memories Tiny Alphas; American Crafts Thickers Lax; Assorted buttons; embroidery floss.


3) Sketch # 61



I did this layout a few days before my 36th birthday. This is actually round, I just placed it on top of a black background.I had fun layering the flowers.





Journaling:

1) I was born on October 18, 1972.

2) My real name is Charisse but only a few people call me by that name.

3) I’m more used to being called Chiqui, or Chix.

4) Bobot, my other half was my group mate during internship at Med School.

5) I’ve been married for 6 years.

6) I have two amazing daughters, Julia Francesca & Anneliese.

7) I’m a Pediatrician by profession.

8) Scrapbooking has changed my sleeping habits, I rarely sleep before midnight.

9) I’ve spent soooo much on scrapbook supplies.

10) I easily cry when watching drama shows.

11) I want to get published someday.

12) Two bottles of beer can make me tipsy.

13) I love pizza, pasta, & chocolates.

14) I trip easily, I have some scars to prove it.

15) I worry about my white hair.

16) Pink is my fave color.

17) I miss my one & only sister.

18) I was in a minor car accident 10 years ago. I didn’t get hurt but my car did.

19) I’ve undergone 3 surgeries (2 C-sections & 1 for removal of ovarian cyst).

20) I started driving when I was 18.

21) I drive a red Toyota Innova.

22) I’m basically shy.

23) I hope we can build our own house soon.

24) I’ve been to HongKong, the United States (Hawaii, California, & New Jersey), & Sydney, Australia.

25) I want to travel some more.

26) Breakfast is not complete without a cup of coffee.

27) I used to be so organized, but that was before I had kids.

28) I want to learn to cook more dishes.

29) I’m not a dancer, or a singer.

30) I love the beach, but I’m not a good swimmer.

31) My hair is almost always long.

32) I need to stay offline more so I can get more scrapping done.

33) I use a “point & shoot” camera to take pics. I leave it to DH in using the DSLR.

34) I don’t watch a lot of TV.

35) I’m not a picky eater.

36) I’m 36 years old.



Materials Used: Making Memories Noteworthy, October Afternoon Detours, Pink Paislee Spring Fling pps; Prima Flowers; Inque Board All Frills chipboard; Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas; American Crafts Thickers (platforms); Judikins diamond glaze, Making Memories paint (spruce); Reeves acrylic paint (bronze); Autumn Leaves buttons; Colorbox fluid chalk (chestnut roan & moss green); Assorted brads.

4) Sketch # 62







Hidden Journaling (clipped): I love it when you wake up with this smile on your face (April 2007)

Materials Used: Making Memories Passport, Pink Paislee spring fling pps; 7gypsies zannibar clip; Cosmo Cricket hey sunshine cardstock sticker; DCWV chipboard sticker; Prima Essentials flowers; Daisy D’s cardstock die-cut; Making Memories tiny alphas; Autumn Leaves On the Edge stamp; Staz-On jet black; Colorbox fluid chalk (chestnut roan); Others: metal flowers; assorted ribbons.

Thanks for looking! I just realized I used Making Memories papers on 3 out of the 4 layouts!

No comments: