Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kayang-Kaya-Kaya?

November passed by right in front of my eyes. So many things are happening at the same time. I can already feel the Christmas rush. We just came back from a trip to Baguio which was very relaxing, & we had a really good time! We took a lot of pictures, & I can't wait to scrap them. Anyway, I haven't been so productive as I want this month, BUT thanks to the KAYA challenges, I was able to scrap at least 1 layout a week.

Challenge # 1 : Use a bow. This is my first time to place a bow on a layout. I like the idea so much. I will definitely do it again.


Journaling: I want to remember… your funny antics…the way you look at me with those round eyes…the innocence of your face…our little conversations. Don’t grow up so fast my dear! (10-18-08)

Challenge # 2 : Negative/White Space. Again, I like this style in layouts. It's quick to do, & saves up on supplies, plus the focus is really on the pictures. I used pics of my mom & my nephew Korey.



Journaling: Times like these are time well spent! (Lola & Korey at Millenium Park, Homewood, Illinois. Oct 2008)

Challenge # 3 : Distressing. This is quite a challenge for me. I admire scrappers who are very successfull in achieving the "distressed" look in layouts 'coz when I try to do it myself, it doesn't look so "distressed" after all. Well, here's my take!



Journaling:
What’s your favorite movie/show? High School Musical 3
Favorite song? Can I have this dance
Favorite food? Magicaroni & kutsinta
Who is your best friend? Pia, and Angela
What is your favorite color? Violet and Pink
What keeps you busy? ballet

I asked Julia to answer the questions so it's her actual handwriting on the journaling.

There's still 1 more challenge for this week, a double pager! Yikes! Spreads are very challenging to do. I think I've only done 3 in my my entire scrapping life & I wasn't so happy with the results, haha! Wish me luck.

No comments: