Saturday, July 18, 2009

Colorful Summer

Summer has ended in this part of the world, the weather is crazy, and it has been raining non-stop since yesterday. Perfect weather for scrapping don't you think? Here's the ScrapMuse July kit to cheer you up. It is bursting with color and just perfect for scrapping those summer pics.





Here are the layouts I made with the kit:



Title & Journaling: My world is so much brighter with the two of you.
I cut-out the picture again, this is starting to be a favorite technique. I love the way the picture becomes "part" of the layout. I also stamped using corrugated board and used it as a background for my title.

A closer look:







Title: Being a girl
I used the ribbon on Julia's headband as inspiration so I placed a big bow on the layout. I used the thought bubbles for my journaling which is a list of why she likes being a girl: ballet, dressing up, swimming, long hair, girl friends, and scrap galore with mommy! LOL!




We were asked to make a nature-inspired layout with no people in it. I used pictures of flowers from my mom's garden.
Title: in bloom
Journaling: For as long as I can remember, our garden has been full of flowering plants that my mom likes to take care of: African violets, anthuriums, orchids, euphorbia, etc. Thanks for keeping our surroundings beautiful, Mom.




That's a close-up of the Heidi Swapp invisibles, it is made thick chipboard with a glossy top coat. The design resists ink, paint, etc and other coloring mediums so it shows through. I used a paint dabber for this one then wiped off the excess paint.




Title: I am big now
Journaling: On a typical day. I said: you are so big now, and you said: big na ako, pwede na ako mag laptop (I am big now, I can now use the laptop). It is quite surprising that at this time and age, that is your gauge of growth.




Title: Scrap Nyt
Journaling: The party started at 5 pm and bedtime was between 3 to 3.30 am. In between eating & chatting, we scrapped the night away.

The kit this month also contains a 6x6 American Crafts album. The cover can be altered any way you want. I first painted it with cream-colored paint, then stamped on the upper portion. I then placed a transparency. I will be using this for Ally's school portraits & ID pictures. Here's the album I'm talking about:




The July ScrapMuse newsletter is already out! You can view the different layouts by the design team you can catch a lot of tips & techniques. I am also the featured member for the month. You can read the newsletter here!

No comments: