Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Week 3: Space it Out

This is my entry for week 3 of the Scrappin Mom's Idol Season 3. The theme for this week's challenge is everyday moments and the requirement for the layout is to utilize white space BUT use 8 photos. How challenging is that?! I decided to include pics of things that I need everyday to keep me going: my car, fone, computer, stethoscope,friends, and of course my biggest priorities in life: my hubby & kids.



Title: Right Now (JUL 09)
Hidden Journaling: Through time, things change but at this point, these are the people and things that keep me going everyday: My loving husband and 2 darling daughters who give me so much inspiration; friends who are always there for me; my reliable Toyota Innova that allows me to drive my girls to and from school and for me to get to different places so that I can do everything that I need to do; my Sony Ericsson fone that keeps me connected; my laptop that keeps me updated with the world; and lastly, my stethoscope that I can’t part with for now.
Materials Used: Basic Grey Marrakech (Madagascar mint); Scenic Route Ashville scrap strip 3; Doodlebug paper frills; Hambly screen prints (ATC patchwork); Bo Bunny splendor cut-out; 7Gypsies Zanzibar clip; Making Memories just chillin badge brads; Prima iron orchid epoxy sticker; Chatter box pompom ribbon; American Crafts Thickers (platforms); Making Memories tiny alphas; Autumn Leaves buttons; All about scrapbooking bling; others: ricrac, DMC thread.


The hidden journaling:




Some details:



On a side note, it took me such a long time to finish this layout. It was actually 3 days in the making. Things got so busy that I wasn't able to finish it until the night before the deadline. I was trying to take the best pic of the layout on a stormy morning 2 hrs before the cut-off. And, finally when I was ready to email my entry, our internet connection got cut-off. Luckily, the problem was solved by turning off and turning the modem back on. You can see the other entries here!

I made it to Week 4 which is even more challenging. Wish me luck!

No comments: